Definition of Cadence
1. rhythmic flow of a sequence of sounds or words aka in language
2. a rhythmic pattern that is nonmetrically structured (within a free verse)
3. the beat, rate, or measure of any rhythmic movement (ie: rapid, slow etc)
4. the flow or rhythm of events & the pattern in which something is experienced (for example: the pace of modern life in todays society).
5. a slight falling in pitch of the voice in speaking or reading, typically at the end of a declarative sentence.
6. the general modulation of the voice.
7. a sequence of notes or chords that indicates the momentary or complete end of a composition, section, phrase, etc. (ie: in music) (cadenced, cadencing).
8. to make rhythmical.
Example of Cadence
Synonyms of Cadence